Lesson 1. Introduction to PowerPoint 2010
PowerPoint 2010 is presentation software in the Microsoft 2010 Office Suite. It allows you to create slide presentations that can include images, video, narration, charts and more other objects.
What can you do with PowerPoint 2010:
• Create presentations
• Embed and edit video from within PowerPoint. Now you can add fades, formatting effects, bookmark scenes, and trim videos to give your presentations a professional multimedia experience.
• Use picture editing tools—including versatile artistic effects and advanced correction, color, and cropping tools—to fine-tune every picture in your presentation to look its absolute best.
• Add dynamic 3-D slide transitions and more realistic animation effects to grab your audience’s attention.
• Compress video and audio in your presentation to reduce file size for easy sharing and improved playback performance. The option to compress media is just one of many new features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space for all of your presentation management tasks.
• Easily customize the improved Ribbon to make the commands you need most accessible. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs.
• Create a video of your presentation—including your transitions, animations, narration, and timings.
• Now you have the power to get things done when and where you need to, from the Web or even from your smartphone.
• Microsoft PowerPoint Web App is an online companion to Microsoft PowerPoint which enables you to extend your PowerPoint experience to the browser. View a high fidelity version of your presentations, make light edits, or view your presentation slide show. Use the familiar PowerPoint interface and some of the same formatting and editing tools, from almost any computer with a Web browser.3
• Microsoft PowerPoint Mobile enables you to view and edit presentations on your phone. PowerPoint slides display full screen with rich graphics and animation effects. Give an impromptu presentation or go beyond viewing and make edits to the slide text or speaker notes